Plant Health & Pest Control : SDZG Library Resources
The Encyclopedia of gardening techniques
By Christopher Bricknell
Call no. QK80 .E63 1984 MAIN
Index of garden plants: the new Royal Horticultural Society dictionary
By Mark Griffiths
Call no. QK9 .G75 1994 REF
Insects that feed on trees and shrubs
By Warren T. Johnson
Call no. QK475 .J63 1988 MAIN
The Kew plant glossary: an illustrated dictionary of plant terms
By Henk Beentje
Call no. QK9 .B44 2010 REF
Natural enemies handbook: the illustrated guide to biological pest control
By Mary Louise Flint
Call no. QK80 .F56 1998 MAIN
Palms: an informative, practical guide to palms of the world - their cultivation, care and landscape use
By Alec Morris Blombery
Call no. QK495 .P17 B56 1982 MAIN
Pests of landscape trees and shrubs: an integrated pest management guide
By Steve H. Dreistadt
Call no. QK80 .D74 C43 1994 MAIN
Horticulture: Magazine of American Gardening
Invasive Plant Science and Management
Journal of Plant Nutrition
Weed Biology and Management
- California Pest and Disease Management -- Information about managing pests and pesticide use. From UC Davis Statewide Integrated Pest Management Program.
- Integrated Pest Management -- Online textbook from University of Minnesota. Edited by E.B. Radcliffe and W.D. Hutchison.
- National Invasive Species Information Center -- Gateway to invasive species information, covering federal, state, local, and international sources. From the USDA National Agriculture Library.
- Invasive Species Information Databases -- Information on specific plant and animal pests. Maintained by USDA Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service (APHIS).
- Plant Pathology Index -- Online index of plant pathology websites from the Open Directory Project.
- PRESCRIBE Online Database -- Database helps pesticide applicators find out if there are any endangered species in the vicinity of the application site. From the California Department of Pesticide Regulation.
- Tom Clothier's Garden Walk & Talk -- Advice from a Master Gardener (seeds, germination, soil, pets)
- Tree Pathology -- Online "textbook" on topic of forest and shade tree pathology. Maintained by James J. Worrall, USDA Plant Pathologist.
- Weed Science Society of America (WSSA) -- Organization fostering awareness of weeds and their impact on the environment. Contains a Photo Gallery of common North American weeds.