Government, Law, Statistics
Topics on This Page
Use the links below to access information on government agencies, legal resources, and U.S. and global statistics and demographics
We welcome suggestions for updates or new resources. Please contact us by email.
- Animal Welfare Information Center -- AWIC provides information and training for improved animal care and use in research, testing, teaching, and exhibition through the USDA.
- National Invasive Species Information Center -- Provides a gateway to information on invasive plants, animals, and microbes.
- SANDAG -- San Diego Association of Governments planning decisions. Click on environment for environmental planning efforts and projects.
- Science.gov -- Searches ALL U.S. government scientific sources (Dept. of Interior, EPA, NSF, Dept. Agrigulture, etc.).
- USDA National Agricultural Library -- One of the world's largest and most accessible agricultural information collections.
- U.S. Fish & Wildlife -- Information about U.S. conservation and wildlife policies.
- CITES -- Convention on International Trade in Endangered Species of Wild Fauna and Flora. International agreement between governments to ensure trade in specimens of wild animals and plants does not thereaten their survival.
- International Wildlife Law -- Information on protection acts and treaties. See the menu heading Environmental Protection and Wildlife Law.
- Thomas Legislative Information - Current legislation, bill summary & status, roll call votes from the U.S. Library of Congress.
- U.S. Copyright Office -- Copyright basics and FAQ.
- U.S. Wildlife Laws -- U.S. Fish & Wildlife Service congressional and legislative affairs.
Statistics & Demographics
- American FactFinder -- U.S. Census Bureau statistics on population, housing, economic, and geographic information.
- CIA World Fact Book -- Provides information on the history, people, government, economy, geography, communications, transporation, military and transnational issues for 267 world entities.
- Fedstats -- Statistics from over 100 U.S. government agencies.
- Index Mundi -- World statistics and demographic information by country.
- U.S. Census QuickFacts -- Economic, demographic and business data from the U.S. Census Bureau. Includes statistics for all states and counties, and for cities and towns with more than 5,000 people.
- Wolfram Alpha -- Statistics, data anaylsis, and facts on a variety of topics. Take a tour of Wolfram Alpha to learn how to use the tool.